From: MN on
Hi -- How can I report the county 1,2,..10,11,19 in the first quarter but in
the second quarter they have only county1, and 3 third Q. they have county
5,10,15,20 then 4th Q they have nothing. How can i design in the report?
Thank you for any reply.
From: Duane Hookom on
You aren't giving us much to go on. We don't have a clue regarding your table
structures, data, or desired display in your report.

A vague question like this suggests your tables are not structured
correctly. I could be wrong but really can't tell anything from the
information you have provided.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: MN on
:-) Sorry for missing that.
My tableA have clientID (PK) countycode (number field) entrydate (date field)
Ex:ClientID Countycode entrydate
0001 001 01/02/2009
0002 001 03/31/2009
0900 050 05/02/2009
0901 002 10/01/2009
The report will like this:
1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rdQuarter 4thQuarter Total
County01 2 0 0 0
2
County02 0 0 0 1
1
County50 0 1 0 0
1

Hope this clarify to you. Thank you

From: Steve on
Would a crosstab report fit your bill? You could create a crosstab query
showing quarters as columns, counties as rows and values as whatever you are
wanting to show for each county in each quarter. Then use the crosstab query
as the recordsourceof your crosstab report.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: KARL DEWEY on
This will do it but remember this rolls all years together.

TRANSFORM Count(TableA.Countycode) AS CountOfCountycode
SELECT TableA.[Countycode]
FROM TableA
GROUP BY TableA.[Countycode]
PIVOT "Qtr " & Format([entrydate],"q");