From: Grant on
I am updating my VO 2.6 apps and had problems because I was using
ReportPro211. I learned that I needed to update my RP211 to RP212 for
VO28 so I downloaded this from GraphX but now I have another problem.
When I try to run something that was compiled with the ReportPro lib's
included it fails and tells me VO27GUI.DLL or VO27RUN.DLL is missing?
Why is it looking for these dll's? Do I need to find and include
these dll's or do I have the wrong version of Rp dll's? I was told to
download and patch my RP211 files with those from RP212.
If anyone can enlighten me here I would sure appreciate it.
From: Willie Moore on
Grant,

Your error message indicates that you have something that is still using
a VO2.7 compiled dll.

Regards,
Willie

signature database 5167 (20100602) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Geoff Schaller on
Grant.

Classic DLL hell. Firstly, make sure you ONLY have 2.8 compiled items.
Secondly, make sure all your 3rd party tools are also only 2.8, thirdly
remove ALL SET PATH statements from your OS.

Having said all that, 2.7 and 2.8 can co-exist but you have to be really
careful. Often it is better to separate them by folders.

Geoff

From: Stephen Quinn on
Grant

You more than likely have a pathing problem with the different versions of
the DLLs.
ie the wrong ones are being found first.

Either that or you need to touch all your LIBS/AEFs in the repo and compile
again.

> ReportPro211. I learned that I needed to update my RP211 to RP212 for
> VO28 so I downloaded this from GraphX but now I have another problem.
From my reading on the Grafxsoft ftp d/l site VO2.8 needs RP V 2.14, RP
V2.12 was for VO2.6

CYA
Steve

From: Grant on
On Jun 2, 4:40 pm, Grant <gra...(a)dunsmoreinfo.com> wrote:
> I am updating my VO 2.6 apps and had problems because I was using
> ReportPro211. I learned that I needed to update my RP211 to RP212 for
> VO28 so I downloaded this from GraphX but now I have another problem.
> When I try to run something that was compiled with the ReportPro lib's
> included it fails and tells me VO27GUI.DLL or VO27RUN.DLL is missing?
> Why is it looking for these dll's?  Do I need to find and include
> these dll's or do I have the wrong version of Rp dll's? I was told to
> download and patch my RP211 files with those from RP212.
> If anyone can enlighten me here I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks Willie

But I have never had VO27. Also I get this error when I run the
examples from
Ivo Wessel's book 'rptOne' and 'rptTwo' which I can't remember if I
got from a disk or manually typed in
a long time ago.

If it is still using VO2.7 dll's how do I find them? I've searched for
VO27*.dll and they aren't on my computer
but how do you find where they are being called from?

Regards
Grant

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2