From: Bernie on
Is there a way to hand reportviewer mulitple tables that are linked?

In crystal, there can be mulitple table in a dataset with relational links.
You had crystal the dataset and it treats them as a unit and will display
information from both tables on the same report.

I'm just switching over to reportviewer and I can't seem to figure out how
to get RV it take the whole dataset and not just one table.

Thanks,
Bernie

From: Rich P on
Yes. You can place multiple list objects on the body of the report
(.rdlc file). Each list object can have its own datasource. In each
listobject you can place textboxes to display the respective data. Each
list object would serve as a column. I have several reports like this
for creating mailing lables. Works very nicely.

Rich

From: Bernie on
After a day more of research, I think I wasn't precise enough on my
questions. My two tables have a parent / child releationship.

I think I have to use subreports to get this done.

Bernie

From: Rich P on
Here is another thought: I use tables that I create in the Dataset xsd
-- the persisted dataset you get from Add New object template (where you
add a new form). In this dataset you create your persisted table (I
forget the correct lingo - typed table something). To this table you
will write the resulting rows from your other 2 tables and used this
table as the datasource for your report.

Rich