From: Dirk Craeynest on
John and others who want to suggest books, please send those suggestions
directly to the former moderator of the comp.parallel newsgroups Eugene
Miya <eugene(a)soe.ucsc.edu> who is collecting them.

Dirk

In article <25c2a0b8-ccb2-4eed-9430-a5504796f68a(a)40g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
in the comp.lang.ada Usenet newsgroup John McCormick

From: Dirk Craeynest on
In article <ca9c9d9f-b8c5-4128-b50a-2c1419e9701b(a)y4g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
in the comp.lang.ada Usenet newsgroup bj�rn lundin <b.f.lundin(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
[...]
>I suggested Concurrency in Ada by
>Alan Burns (Author), Andy Wellings (Author), John Barns (Foreword)
>http://www.amazon.com/Concurrency-Ada-Alan-Burns/dp/052162911X
>
>Great book
>
>/Bj�rn

FYI, a new edition of that book is available: among others it was updated
for Ada 2005. Some more information:

Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Ada
Alan Burns and Andy Wellings
July 2007
http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521866972

You might want to consider updating your suggestion to this new edition?

Dirk
From: Colin Paul Gloster on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Dirk Craeynest sent:

|"[...] |
|>I suggested Concurrency in Ada by |
|>Alan Burns (Author), Andy Wellings (Author), John Barns (Foreword) |
|[..] |
|>Great book |
|> |
|>/Bj?rn |
| |
|FYI, a new edition of that book is available: among others it was updated|
|for Ada 2005. Some more information: |
| |
|Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Ada |
|Alan Burns and Andy Wellings |
|July 2007 |
|http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521866972 |
| |
|You might want to consider updating your suggestion to this new edition? |
| |
|Dirk" |

Perhaps people should refrain from suggesting books which they have
not actually read.
From: starwars on
> Perhaps people should refrain from suggesting books which they have
> not actually read.

Uh oh, I paid a bundle for a copy of this. Is there a problem with it? I
haven't had time to go through it yet.

From: Brad Moore on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:21:12 +0000
Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Gloster(a)ACM.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Dirk Craeynest sent:
>
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |"[...]
> by | |>Alan Burns (Author),
> Andy Wellings (Author), John Barns (Foreword) |
> |[..]
> book |
> |>

> |>/Bj?rn
> |

> | |FYI, a new edition of that book is available: among others it was
> updated| |for Ada 2005. Some more
> information: |
> |
> | |Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in
> Ada | |Alan Burns and Andy
> Wellings | |July
> 2007 |
> |http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521866972
> |

> | |You might want to consider updating your suggestion to this new
> edition? |
> |

> |Dirk"

> Perhaps people should refrain from suggesting books which they have
> not actually read.

I've read the new edition of this book cover to cover, and highly
recommend it.

Brad