From: Pascal Obry on
Le 04/06/2010 21:15, Brad Moore a �crit :
> I've read the new edition of this book cover to cover, and highly
> recommend it.

I can only highly recommend this book too. One of the best technical
book I've read in a long time.

Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

From: Fritz Wuehler on
Thanks guys.

From: Colin Paul Gloster on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, starwars asked:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"> Perhaps people should refrain from suggesting books which they have |
|> not actually read. |
| |
|Uh oh, I paid a bundle for a copy of this. Is there a problem with it? I|
|haven't had time to go through it yet." |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have not read it. Dirk suggested that someone who seems to also not
have read it to suggest it to someone else.

Other people who have read the book responded to your question
praising the book, so it seems that you will be pleased by it.
From: björn lundin on
On 7 Juni, 12:24, Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Glos...(a)ACM.org>
wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, starwars asked:
> |------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |"> Perhaps people should refrain from suggesting books which they have  |
> |> not actually read.                                                    |
> |                                                                        |
> |Uh oh, I paid a bundle for a copy of this. Is there a problem with it? I|
> |haven't had time to go through it yet."                                 |
> |------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>
> I have not read it. Dirk suggested that someone who seems to also not
> have read it to suggest it to someone else.

Well no. Dirk suggested to me to recommend _a later edition_ of a book
that I have read many, many times. He did _not_ suggest me to
recommend a totally
unknown book. Nor did I suggest a book I did not read.

> Other people who have read the book responded to your question
> praising the book, so it seems that you will be pleased by it.

And it is really good. This is why I recommended it.
Because I _know_ it is good.

And just by reading the thread, it is pretty obvious that
this is what happened.

/Björn

From: Colin Paul Gloster on
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Björn Lundin wrote:

|"[..] |
| |
|Well no. Dirk suggested to me to recommend _a later edition_ of a book|
|that I have read many, many times. He did _not_ suggest me to |
|recommend a totally |
|unknown book. [..] |
| |
|[..]" |

Different editions can be quite different.

In this case it does not seem to matter.

With kind regards,
Colin Paul Gloster