From: Dirk Craeynest on
The former moderator of the comp.parallel newsgroups just posted the
appended request for suggested readings at the graduate level in parallel
computing. It would be nice to get some Ada-related books in that list.

Suggestions should be sent to his e-mail address within the next two weeks.

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest(a)cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/-Europe/SIGAda/WG9 mail)

*** 15th Intl.Conf.on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2010
*** June 14-18, 2010 *** Valencia, Spain *** http://www.ada-europe.org

PS: Copy or original request follows:

From: Eugene Miya <eugene(a)soe.ucsc.edu>
Subject: H&P new edition input
Newsgroups: comp.parallel
Date: 02 Jun 2010 15:23:16 GMT

John Hennessy informs me that they are working on an updated edition
of his architecture book. C.p. has at least 600 readers on google
groups independent of remaining usenet sites, and it has been a while
since I once again solicit every one for their suggested readings at
the graduate level in parallel computing. Just email your former
moderator your suggestions of what you think students of parallel
computing should read. You don't have to post, I merely tally the
suggestions. The old list is getting long in the tooth. If you
submitted suggestions before, you can change them, just let me know.
You have a week or two to send me your "vote" of say up to 10
references. A partial citation is usually fine, I'll get back to you
if I can't complete the citation myself. John will take the
compilation for his chapter on parallel computing.
From: J-P. Rosen on
Dirk Craeynest a �crit :
> The former moderator of the comp.parallel newsgroups just posted the
> appended request for suggested readings at the graduate level in parallel
> computing. It would be nice to get some Ada-related books in that list.
>
> Suggestions should be sent to his e-mail address within the next two weeks.

Is it limited to books in English (Breguet/Zaffalon would be a good
candidate in French)?

J-P. Rosen (rosen(a)adalog.fr)
From: Dirk Craeynest on
In article <hu7ev6$rsi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org> in comp.lang.ada
J-P. Rosen writes:
>Is it limited to books in English (Breguet/Zaffalon would be a good
>candidate in French)?

I don't know whether non-English books are accepted as well.
Looking for the latest "Suggested readings" posting in comp.parallel,
I note that only publications in English are listed in the top 10.

But you can of course always suggest it.

Dirk
From: John McCormick on
"Building Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada" by
McCormick, Singhoff, and Hugues will be published by Cambridge
University Press at the end of this year. See
http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521197168
The release date is probably too late to be considered.

John

From: björn lundin on
On 3 Juni, 07:22, d...(a)heli.cs.kuleuven.be (Dirk Craeynest) wrote:
> The former moderator of the comp.parallel newsgroups just posted the
> appended request for suggested readings at the graduate level in parallel
> computing.  It would be nice to get some Ada-related books in that list..

I suggested Concurrency in Ada by

Alan Burns (Author), Andy Wellings (Author), John Barns (Foreword)

http://www.amazon.com/Concurrency-Ada-Alan-Burns/dp/052162911X

Great book

/Björn