From: tominlaguna on
Conclusion of Experiment:

"The most straightforward analysis and interpretation of two-way lunar
laser ranging measurement of c presented here suggests that light
propagating between the Earth and the Moon obeys a classical rather
than special relativistic addition of velocities law. On the face of
it, this constitutes a first-order violation of local Lorentz
invariance and implies that light propagates in an absolute reference
frame, a conclusion that most physicists (except perhaps some
contemporary field theorists) would be reluctant to accept. ..."

Paper has been Submitted to Il Nuovo Cimento B
and can be found at: http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/0912.3818

Dr. Bryan Wallace noted the same in papers published in Spectroscopy
Letters, 1969 & 1971 relating to radar ranging measurements of Venus.

From: Androcles on

<tominlaguna(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Conclusion of Experiment:
>
> "The most straightforward analysis and interpretation of two-way lunar
> laser ranging measurement of c presented here suggests that light
> propagating between the Earth and the Moon obeys a classical rather
> than special relativistic addition of velocities law. On the face of
> it, this constitutes a first-order violation of local Lorentz
> invariance
(true)
> and implies
(false)

From: Dono. on
On Jan 4, 11:26 am, tominlag...(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> Paper has been Submitted to Il Nuovo Cimento B
> and can be found at: http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/0912.3818

The Daniel Gezari guy is an idiot, his "method" doesn't factor in the
motion (at about 10m/s) between the lab (sender) and the reflector on
the moon. Based on this error, he "recovers" a ~10m/s variance from
the known light speed and he concludes that the speed of light is
dependent on the speed of the source. Idiot.

From: tominlaguna on
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:55:00 +0100, YBM <ybmess(a)nooos.fr.invalid>
wrote:

>tominlaguna(a)yahoo.com a �crit :
>> Conclusion of Experiment:
>>
>> "The most straightforward analysis and interpretation of two-way lunar
>> laser ranging measurement of c presented here suggests that light
>> propagating between the Earth and the Moon obeys a classical rather
>> than special relativistic addition of velocities law. On the face of
>> it, this constitutes a first-order violation of local Lorentz
>> invariance and implies that light propagates in an absolute reference
>> frame, a conclusion that most physicists (except perhaps some
>> contemporary field theorists) would be reluctant to accept. ..."
>>
>> Paper has been Submitted to Il Nuovo Cimento B
>> and can be found at: http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/0912.3818
>
>Strange enough : the "Conclusion of Experiment" quoted above cannot
>be found neither in the ArXiv Web pages nor the paper itself which
>states abolutely NOTHING about a "first-order violation of local
>Lorentz".

My apologies to all... I included a link to the wrong Gezari paper.
The correct link is: http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/0912.3934
The quote from the Conclusion section is from this paper which is
titled: "Lunar Laser Ranging Test of the Invariance of c".
Thank you, YBM.

From: tominlaguna on
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:46:29 -0000, "Androcles"
<Headmaster(a)Hogwarts.physics_q> wrote:

><tominlaguna(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Conclusion of Experiment:
>>
>> "The most straightforward analysis and interpretation of two-way lunar
>> laser ranging measurement of c presented here suggests that light
>> propagating between the Earth and the Moon obeys a classical rather
>> than special relativistic addition of velocities law. On the face of
>> it, this constitutes a first-order violation of local Lorentz
>> invariance
>(true)
I agree with you...
>> and implies
>(false)
I agree with you...
Gezari, incorrectly, goes right to that Aether place. He does discuss
Ritz in one section of the paper I was citing from, titled: "Lunar
Laser Ranging Test of the Invariance of c." The correct link should
have been: http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/0912.3934
I am curious as to why he didn't provide a discussion on the Sagnac
Effect which might explain the variance.