From: Nimit Sharma on

Hi,
"Resgen.exe exited with code xxxxxxx" error appears on converting the
CompactFramework1.1 application to CF 2.0 using the conversion wizard.
I'm using C1FlexgridCF control in the application. Although i had changed
the references after converting the sample and then re-compile the
application but the error still occurs.
Can anyone post any valuable suggestions...
Regards,
Nimit Sharma.

From: Daniel Moth on
This could have something to do with the fact that resources are now
compatible between the platforms:
http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2005/08/resx-compatibility-for-smart-device.html

Are you saying that you simply open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS2005 and it
fails with a resgen error? What version of VS2005 are you trying this with?
Does the project compile under VS2003 (on the *same* box that VS2005 is
installed)?

Cheers
Daniel

From: Thomas.Younsi on
same pb for me resgen.exe exited with code -1163019603 and i am
targeting dotnet 1.1 with a custum msbuild project on a vs7 project
converted towards vs8. I know kind of weird but the new ide is so cool
!