From: "Mats H - Volvo" <Mats H - on
PI Got a QTEK S100 with Pocket pC 2003 Phone edition that is said to be
supported for .NET CF 2.0. But the NETCFSetupv2.msi requires Activesync 4.0
that is only supported for Windows Mobile 5!!! Where can i find the cab file
so I can install without Acticesync?
From: Ilya Tumanov [MS] on
Correct, NETCF MSI only supports AS 4.0 RTM (build 4343).

However, AS 4.0 supports PPC 2003 as well, not just WM 5.0.

If you don't want to install/use AS 4.0, you can copy CAB file onto device
and install it manually.

Here's default location of the CAB you need:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce400\armv4\NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab

If it's different in your case, please search for NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab
file.

Best regards,

Ilya

*** Want to find answers instantly? Here's how... ***

1. Go to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework?hl=en
2. Type your question in the text box near "Search this group" button.
3. Hit "Search this group" button.
4. Read answer(s).

From: Dan Ardelean on
Activesync 4 works also with Windows Mobile devices. Search the microsoft
site for the last release of Activesync 4

From: Mats H - Volvo on
Seems that it was something wrong in the XP client I used (a corporate
one...). I tried another disk with a fresh copy of XP and I got it working
with Activesync 3.8! The corporate XP client I can't reinstall Activesync 3.8
again...
With Activesunc 4.0 the install/remove function did not work on the
corporate machine - I am administrator on the client...