From: pm on
Is it anyhow possible to force resource compiler prompting errors and
warnings with full path of resource file(s)?

I need something link cl /FC (Display full path of source code files
passed to cl.exe in diagnostic text.) but for resource compiler.

pm-
From: Cezary Noweta on
Hello,

On 2010-03-25 14:12, pm wrote:
> Is it anyhow possible to force resource compiler prompting errors and
> warnings with full path of resource file(s)?

> I need something link cl /FC (Display full path of source code files
> passed to cl.exe in diagnostic text.) but for resource compiler.

You need to pass a full pathname to RC:

rc Q:\MYPROJ\res.rc

instead of

rc res.rc

Works on RC 5.2 and 6.1 (VS 2005/2008).

-- best regards

Cezary Noweta
From: pm on
Cezary Noweta wrote:
> You need to pass a full pathname to RC:
>
> rc Q:\MYPROJ\res.rc
>
> instead of
>
> rc res.rc
>
> Works on RC 5.2 and 6.1 (VS 2005/2008).
>
> -- best regards
>
> Cezary Noweta

Can I force Visual C++ project build to force do that (to pass a full
pathname to RC):

I'm building set of applications from command line by following command
line:
devenv /rebuild "Release|Win32" project1.sln
devenv /rebuild "Release|Win32" project1.sln

devenv /rebuild "Release|Win32" projectn.sln

Any idea how to achieve that?

Thanks

pm-