From: Ron Hinds on
IIS 6.0 / W2K3 Server. How can I increase the buffer limit? I never had this
issue with IIS 5.0. I would like to increase it globally if possible.
Thanks!

From: Dan on

"Ron Hinds" <nospam(a)dontspamme.com> wrote in message
> IIS 6.0 / W2K3 Server. How can I increase the buffer limit? I never had
> this issue with IIS 5.0. I would like to increase it globally if possible.
> Thanks!

You could use something like

cscript.exe adsutil.vbs SET w3svc/aspbufferinglimit 104857600

However, I would suggest that you instead rework the pages causing this
problem, as the 4MB limit is enough for almost all HTML output. If you are
serving files through scripts then either disable buffering in the script,
or flush the buffer at regular intervals (eg every 1MB) so that you're
streaming the output.

--
Dan

From: Ron Hinds on
"Dan" <news(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message

> "Ron Hinds" <nospam(a)dontspamme.com> wrote in message
>> IIS 6.0 / W2K3 Server. How can I increase the buffer limit? I never had
>> this issue with IIS 5.0. I would like to increase it globally if
>> possible. Thanks!
>>

> You could use something like
>
> cscript.exe adsutil.vbs SET w3svc/aspbufferinglimit 104857600
>

> However, I would suggest that you instead rework the pages causing this
> problem, as the 4MB limit is enough for almost all HTML output. If you are
> serving files through scripts then either disable buffering in the script,
> or flush the buffer at regular intervals (eg every 1MB) so that you're
> streaming the output.
>
> --
> Dan

Thanks Dan! I increased the limit but reworking the page was definitely the
correct answer.