From: Dan on

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
> From the MMC I'm trying to activate IIS. Is consistently giving me an
> error about being unable to install the control panel/MMC. See the
> attached graphic of the problem.
>
> Any help you can offer would sure be appreciated!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ross M. Greenberg

You sent an image of a backup in progress ...

Are you installing using an Administrator level account?

--
Dan

From: Ken Schaefer on
What if you try using the native IIS 7.0 Manager rather than the IIS 6.0
manager?

Cheers
Ken

From: Ken Schaefer on
When you install IIS on Win7:

Internet Information Services -> Web Management Tools -> IIS Management
Console.

If you have this installed, and you are still getting this error, then try
uninstall/reinstall. Otherwise, check the Windows Event Log to see why the
MMC is not initialising properly.

Cheers
Ken

http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken