From: Pavel A. on
It could be disabled in Tools->Folder options -> select "Windows classic
folders"
in the upper pair of radio buttons.
--pa

From: JimL on
Aha, thanks. I missed that. I've had that set to classic forever, but when
I "obeyed" that notice during the networking setup the other day that's what
got changed. Having that does give you some faster, easier options during
setup, but I despise having it every day. Thanks again.

"Pavel A." <pavel_a(a)12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message

> It could be disabled in Tools->Folder options -> select "Windows classic
> folders"
> in the upper pair of radio buttons.
> --pa
>

> "Lem" <lemp40(a)unknownhost> wrote in message
>> JimL wrote:
>>> "Lem" <lemp40(a)unknownhost> wrote in message

>>> Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of describing these things.
>>> Two things stand out: The color BLUE in large quantities, like in the
>>> non-classic formats in XP and the word TASKS.
>>>
>>> I said the blue box was on the left. Perhaps I would better say blue
>>> block. And the clickable Tasks in this block are in a white on blue
>>> font. What I didn't say is that it fills the exact same space where you
>>> normally get the folder tree if you click the Folders button. In fact
>>> if I click the Folders button the tree comes out and exactly covers the
>>> big blue box with Tasks at the top.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> That's exactly how it's supposed to work. What's your question?
>>
>> --
>> Lem
>>
>> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

--
For most of us the most danger is most politicians.

JimL

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Dynamic IP Wireless Setup