From: fred on
On 4 jan, 14:06, patrick <patrick.beltra...(a)caramail.com> wrote:
> On 4 jan, 04:51, "Leslie Milburn" <CD...(a)NOSPAM.bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> > As for a good website, I recommendwww.codeproject.comas it contains all
> > sorts of great code,
>
> You should avoid this sorts of sites (not professional, plenty of
> bugs, etc...)
> See rather Microsoft SDK samples

Right, unusable code in Production environment (kiddy, newbies codes
only)
The only available are those copied and updated from MS
From: Charlie Gibbs on
In article
<a68d1643-1dd3-4b47-9529-9143fef00015(a)t42g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
patrick.beltranne(a)caramail.com (patrick) writes:

> On 4 jan, 04:51, "Leslie Milburn" <CD...(a)NOSPAM.bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> As for a good website, I recommendwww.codeproject.com as it contains
>> all sorts of great code,
>
> You should avoid this sorts of sites (not professional, plenty of
> bugs, etc...)
> See rather Microsoft SDK samples

Don't knock www.codeproject.com. It contains a lot of valuable
information, some of which can't be found (or be found easily
enough) in the SDK examples. For instance, I found some wonderful
essays describing how to write COM programs in plain C. Even if
you have no intention of doing such a thing, the articles give
insight into what's going on under the hood.

--
/~\ cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)

From: nico on
Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> For instance, I found some wonderful
> essays describing how to write COM programs in plain C. Even if
> you have no intention of doing such a thing, the articles give
> insight into what's going on under the hood.

Nothing original : it had been copied from 90's MSDN articles...
From: Francis Burton on
In article <hhtbs6$4o3$1(a)news.albasani.net>, nico <nico(a)nico.com> wrote:
>Charlie Gibbs wrote:
>> For instance, I found some wonderful
>> essays describing how to write COM programs in plain C. Even if
>> you have no intention of doing such a thing, the articles give
>> insight into what's going on under the hood.
>
>Nothing original : it had been copied from 90's MSDN articles...

Are those available online?

Francis
From: Francis Burton on
In article <hhtbs6$4o3$1(a)news.albasani.net>, nico <nico(a)nico.com> wrote:
>Charlie Gibbs wrote:
>> For instance, I found some wonderful
>> essays describing how to write COM programs in plain C. Even if
>> you have no intention of doing such a thing, the articles give
>> insight into what's going on under the hood.
>
>Nothing original : it had been copied from 90's MSDN articles...

Well I can't find an essay describing how to write COM programs
in plain C on MDSN, so perhaps www.codeproject.com has its uses
after all.

Francis