From: bb202 on
Inmy XP home pc, why is that when I right click my computer, it shows the
details of the "Network Connections" and not details of 'my computer' such as
'anage/propertires"
Please advice as how can I get the menu back, thanks
From: Mike S on
On 6/5/2010 8:34 PM, bb202 wrote:
> Network Connections

I found this, which might be something to look at:

Under this entry on the page in the right column it lists:

83. Properties Missing From My Computer

If you look at this registry key what do you see?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoPropertiesMyComputer"=dword:00000000

Mike
From: Mike S on
On 6/5/2010 8:34 PM, bb202 wrote:
> Inmy XP home pc, why is that when I right click my computer, it shows the
> details of the "Network Connections" and not details of 'my computer' such as
> 'anage/propertires"
> Please advice as how can I get the menu back, thanks

Is there any chance you could take a screenshot of the context menu you
see when you right click on My Computer?
From: bb202 on
Realised that the network places icon were renamed as 'my computer', so the
matter now resolved. I have put the 'my computer" on the desktop and it works
fine. Many thanks for your suggestion.