From: Jorge Bravo on
When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites,
Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective.
Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, the mouse
works fine.

Any odeas?

Thank you

JB

From: Jim on
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:17:44 +0200, "Jorge Bravo" <abc(a)here.com> wrote:

>When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites,
>Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective.
>Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, the mouse
>works fine.
>
>Any odeas?
>
>Thank you
>
>JB

What type/kind of mouse ?
From: Jorge Bravo on
Labtec Optical Mouse. But it seems to be something to do with Windows as it
alwaqys happens in the saqme place (Start)

JB

From: Jorge Bravo on
PLease, do not forget me...

Anyone knows how the registry deals with the Start list and response to
mouse?

Thank you

JB

From: Elmo on
Jorge Bravo wrote:
> When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites,
> Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective.
> Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, the mouse
> works fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you

Try lowering graphics hardware acceleration slide. You can lower
graphics hardware acceleration in Display Properties, Settings tab,
Advanced button, Troubleshooting tab. If this helps, you probably need
a better graphics card or updated drivers for the current card.

But I believe it's because the hard drive is busy at the time. How much
RAM do you have? How fast is the machine, in Ghz? Some major slowdowns
are caused by malware when it double-checks all actions to prevent
exposure. Consider running this:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

Joe =o)