From: Char Jackson on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:36:40 -0600, VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote:

>If you have more than one computer in your intranet, you probably won't be
>able to use file & printer sharing with hosts that don't have a password.

Several (XP SP3) PC's on my local network don't have passwords (while
the rest do) and I have not run into any issues with file and print
sharing.

>If you are using an LCD monitor (where you don't need to be concerned
>about phosphor burn-in for a CRT monitor), there is no point in using a
>screen saver without the password protect option because it uses the
>password of the logged in account and you won't have one.

What do you mean by that? The decision whether to use a screensaver or
not has nothing, or should have nothing, to do with whether the
current user account has a password.

>There are many problems with not having a password when attempting
>to access or share resources.

Not that I've seen over the past ~10 years.

>Apparently you have no family of your own (i.e., you live alone) and
>you also have no friends that are willing to visit your residence.

That's hilarious! I can't believe you typed that.

<snipped a ton of other stuff I can't believe you typed>