From: kobe_2104 on
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so I'll say thanks in advance for any help you can
give me.

I'm looking after a very small company of 5 employees that are running Win
2003 SBS. We've been told we must run our Accounting Software via Terminal
Services. No, buying another server is not an option I want to go down.
Being a small company, security is not a concern (plus I can lock down users
if I so choose).

That's all been running fine until I created a new user (new employee) that
has a roaming profile (to save everything on to the server for backup).

I've tried to create a TS profile path through Group Policy but it isn't
being created. For anybody with a local policy, its working fine.

As a test, I even created a testuser that I set to have a roaming profile
AND a TS profile and that has created a profile when I've first logged on.

Why is it that the user with the roaming profile is basically ignoring the
Group Policy when every other user is using it? This user seems to be
defaulting to the roaming profile rather than creating a separate TS profile.

I need to get this sorted as I'm about to move over all the other users to
roaming profiles for the purpose of backup (not running Exchange yet so
emails are not being backed up, not good for a multi million dollar small
business).

Anybody have any ideas why this thing is causing me hassles? Everything
should be working according to everything I've read (spent over 5 hours
reading doco).

Thanks!
Matt
From: Kudrat Sapaev on