From: John Doe on
From: German Molano <gmolano(a)ignios.net>

> Hi there I am setting up a PDC with Centos 5 + Samba 3.5.4 + Openldap with
>Roaming profiles using kixstart tools to mount shared folder and modifing some
>registry entries on windows workstations,
> The Roaming profiles works fine between Win2000 and WinXP. but when I tried to
>join a Win7 or Vista workstations i get mixed errors. Sometimes the profiles
>loads sometimes not, or loads badly misconfigured icons, etc.

I think you need a [Profiles.V2] section...
I also think that, starting with Vista, profiles directories/files are
different, so I do not think a symlink is a good idea...

JD

John Doe wrote:
> From: German Molano <gmolano(a)ignios.net>
>

>> Hi there I am setting up a PDC with Centos 5 + Samba 3.5.4 + Openldap with
>> Roaming profiles using kixstart tools to mount shared folder and modifing some
>> registry entries on windows workstations,
>> The Roaming profiles works fine between Win2000 and WinXP. but when I tried to
>> join a Win7 or Vista workstations i get mixed errors. Sometimes the profiles
>> loads sometimes not, or loads badly misconfigured icons, etc.
>>

> I think you need a [Profiles.V2] section...

Ok I also follow that path but sometimes the profiles get created in
profiles share. with adding a ".V2 " to the user profile folder, but it
doesn't solve the main issue to have the Desktop and My Documents stable
whatever the platform you log in.