From: Michael Wood on
On 5 August 2010 18:31, Daniel Müller <mueller(a)tropenklinik.de> wrote:

>  Dear all, I set up a samba4 dc (S1; provisioned) on a physical machine
> and a second samba4(S2) on another machine. S2 wa set up without
> provisioning by replication. Users, groups are well replicated and show up
> on both DCs. But when I stop S1 my win-clients can logon( I think only
> cached) but the shares on S2 are not accesible. Error no DC available.
> Starting S1 again all shares on S2 work well. My Question: Replication to
> another DC makes only sense if S2 can do the logon when S1 is down. How can
> I mange that? Is it possible at this stage of samba4 alpha 12?? Is there a
> HOWTO concerning this action?? Greetings Daniel

I am not running multiple Samba servers like this, but I think it
should work. Double-check that the DNS entries for the second domain
controller are correct.

So:

$ host your.zone
your.zone has address 10.0.0.1
your.zone has address 10.0.0.2
$ host s1.your.zone
s1.your.zone has address 10.0.0.1
$ host s2.your.zone
s2.your.zone has address 10.0.0.2
$ host gc._msdcs.your.zone
gc._msdcs.your.zone has address 10.0.0.1
gc._msdcs.your.zone has address 10.0.0.2
$ host -t srv _gc._tcp.your.zone
_gc._tcp.your.zone has SRV record 0 100 3268 s1.your.zone.
_gc._tcp.your.zone has SRV record 0 100 3268 s2.your.zone.
$ host -t srv _ldap._tcp.your.zone
_ldap._tcp.your.zone has SRV record 0 100 389 s1.your.zone.
_ldap._tcp.your.zone has SRV record 0 100 389 s2.your.zone.

etc.

Also make sure that the various ports are accessible from the clients.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>