From: Ken S. Tucker on
On Dec 13, 10:08 am, "gu...(a)hotmail.com" <gu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 12:02 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" <dynam...(a)vianet.on.ca> wrote:

> > > I asked you,
>
> > Well, if you think my ability is better than Robert's
> > to explain things in simple words to you, I'd defer to
> > Robert's, he's admirably patient yakolating to the
> > unwashed masses.
> > Ken
>
> it's the common unit of measure for the dimensions of force/gauge
> fields, most commonly tension (tensor).

Yes, my 1st exposure to the metric tensor was in Gr.9
drawing lines on a balloon, it's a good math tool.
Get's Curl, Div, Grad, curvilinear CS's, Curvature.
Ken

PS:Gisse wasn't allowed to play with balloons after
his mommy caught him using it as a condom.

From: eric gisse on
Ken S. Tucker wrote:

> On Dec 13, 10:08 am, "gu...(a)hotmail.com" <gu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well, if you think my ability is better than Robert's
>> > to explain things in simple words to you, I'd defer to
>> > Robert's, he's admirably patient yakolating to the
>> > unwashed masses.
>> > Ken
>>
>> it's the common unit of measure for the dimensions of force/gauge
>> fields, most commonly tension (tensor).
>
> Yes, my 1st exposure to the metric tensor was in Gr.9
> drawing lines on a balloon, it's a good math tool.
> Get's Curl, Div, Grad, curvilinear CS's, Curvature.
> Ken

Yeah, you don't know what a metric is. It is rather incredible.