From: Ken S. Tucker on
Roberts: Explain to Gisse what a Metric is!!
From: des on
On Dec 13, 2:00 am, "Ken S. Tucker" <dynam...(a)vianet.on.ca> wrote:
> Roberts: Explain to Gisse what a Metric is!!

mental abstraction, a data form,

i mean, a data storage, you put data
in there, in order to remember it for later use

so is not real
From: Ken S. Tucker on
On Dec 13, 12:45 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ken S. Tucker wrote:
> > Roberts: Explain to Gisse what a Metric is!!
>
> I asked you,

Well, if you think my ability is better than Robert's
to explain things in simple words to you, I'd defer to
Robert's, he's admirably patient yakolating to the
unwashed masses.
Ken
From: guskz on
On Dec 13, 12:02 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" <dynam...(a)vianet.on.ca> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 12:45 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ken S. Tucker wrote:
> > > Roberts: Explain to Gisse what a Metric is!!
>
> > I asked you,
>
> Well, if you think my ability is better than Robert's
> to explain things in simple words to you, I'd defer to
> Robert's, he's admirably patient yakolating to the
> unwashed masses.
> Ken

it's the common unit of measure for the dimensions of force/gauge
fields, most commonly tension (tensor).
From: eric gisse on
Ken S. Tucker wrote:

> On Dec 13, 12:45 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ken S. Tucker wrote:
>> > Roberts: Explain to Gisse what a Metric is!!
>>
>> I asked you,
>
> Well, if you think my ability is better than Robert's
> to explain things in simple words to you, I'd defer to
> Robert's, he's admirably patient yakolating to the
> unwashed masses.
> Ken

The constant deflections have only validated my opinion that you do not
understand the concept of the 'metric', which is why you keep fobbing off
the explanation of something basic and fundamental to other people.

All you had to say was "I do not know what a metric is", rather than go
through this series of convoluted back alleys.