From: brickman on
Two weeks, two viruses, now I am infected with something that does not allow
me to open ANYTHING from the Control Panel, I get a message:

C\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exE
Application not found

I tried to do a system restore but I get a blue screen with something like:
If this is the first time you see this message...blah blah blah and I can not
do anything in that screen other that reboot. I also saw in a website about
copying and pasting the rundll32.exe but I do not think it worked or if I did
it correctly. PLEASE, can somebody help?
From: Leonard Grey on
You mean, help you avoid malware infections? Start here:

"Online Safety and Privacy Education"
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Anteaus on
System restore is not a reliable way of disinfecting a virus.

If at all possible, format (erase) the disk and do a full reinstall. The
only other option is a lot of manual work ensuring that that infection has
been removed.

Once done rethink your security policies.

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
Don't confuse "format" with "erase" or "wipe".

Format might not be enough in some cases.