From: Martin-S on
I need to set up a 1. gen MacBook Pro with 10.4 for compatibility
reasons.

It needs to be able to run PPC applications. Now I didn't spot the
inclusion of Rosetta as an option in the installation.

Will it be included anyway or if not, where would I find it?

--
Martin
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:26:23 +0000, Martin-S <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net>
wrote:

>I need to set up a 1. gen MacBook Pro with 10.4 for compatibility
>reasons.
>
>It needs to be able to run PPC applications. Now I didn't spot the
>inclusion of Rosetta as an option in the installation.
>
>Will it be included anyway or if not, where would I find it?

It's automatically included. Only Snow Leopard has it as a non-default
option.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Homographic homophonic autantonyms: "They're words that
do their job in the most sullen, passive-aggressive way
From: Martin-S on
In article <j8l9361fgg41pquogg9ob4pqd9jmpvbne6(a)4ax.com>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> It's automatically included. Only Snow Leopard has it as a non-default
> option.

Thanks!

--
Martin
From: Mike Dee on
Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:26:23 +0000, Martin-S
> <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net> wrote:
>
>>I need to set up a 1. gen MacBook Pro with 10.4 for compatibility
>>reasons.
>>
>>It needs to be able to run PPC applications. Now I didn't spot the
>>inclusion of Rosetta as an option in the installation.
>>
>>Will it be included anyway or if not, where would I find it?
>
> It's automatically included. Only Snow Leopard has it as a
> non-default option.

And if the PPC applications aren't compatible with Rossetta the OP can
also install and run those apps under SheepShaver.

--
dee

Pages: 1
Prev: iMac delivery