From: ANONYMOUS on

Helpful person wrote:

> Does it make sense to worry about standards compliance in a Frontpage
>
>forum?

Sure. standards are very important in web design technology because
there are many browsers out there and without standards, we would not be
able to service our customers because they may not be using the browser
for which the web was intended for.

Up to now Mcrosoft only cared about its own standards but it seems the
competition is catching up with them. It can no longer take for granted
that everybody is or should be using IE!.

hth
From: ANONYMOUS on
Replicated in Mozilla and the CSS code is here:

-moz-border-radius-topleft: 100px;
-webkit-border-top-left-radius: 100px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 66.66px;
-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 66.66px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 50px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 50px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 200px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 200px;
border-left: 5px orange double;
border-right: 5px orange double;
border-top: 5px orange double;
border-bottom: 5px orange double;
padding-bottom: 24px;
padding-left: 24px;
padding-right: 24px;
padding-top: 24px;
background-color: #ccc;
width: 780px;

From: KathyW on
We know Mozilla does that. IE9 will be doing it per the CSS3 spec, not by a
proprietary method (such as Mozilla's). That's the only point I was making.

From: Gregory A. Beamer on
Helpful person <rrllff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:a627fb64-7673-4475-a8b6-
e9db0b14f78d(a)m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

> Does it make sense to worry about standards compliance in a Frontpage
> forum?

Only if you think web designers should worry about compliance.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |
From: Phil Brighton- UKWDA Accredited on
A good javascript solution is at
http://www.html.it/articoli/niftycube/index.html this does rely on JS turned
on.
--
Web Designer Magazine (EW) Writer and Forum Moderator EW
http://webdesignermag.co.uk/forum/