From: Deb_B on
I am trying to get my database for my field hockey team to figure the players
age by entering their brithdate. I can get it to round to the nearest tenth
but if I tell it no decimals, it rounds to the nearest whole number. I just
want it to drop the decimal places. If the player is 4 days shy of their 13th
birthday, they are still 12. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for your help,

Deb

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 02:28:32 GMT, "Deb_B" <u57741(a)uwe> wrote:

>I am trying to get my database for my field hockey team to figure the players
>age by entering their brithdate. I can get it to round to the nearest tenth
>but if I tell it no decimals, it rounds to the nearest whole number. I just
>want it to drop the decimal places. If the player is 4 days shy of their 13th
>birthday, they are still 12. Can anyone help me with this?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Deb

Try:

DateDiff("yyyy", [DOB], Date()) - IIF(Format([DOB], "mmdd" > Format(Date(),
"mmdd"), 1, 0)

to calculate the age as of the previous birthdate.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]