From: Cynthia on
How can a get a number to round in the formula bar when it is already rounded
on the worksheet. Ex: Formula Bar says 16651107.5346 and the worksheet has
16651108 so I can total a column correctly?

Thanks!

Cynthia
From: Glenn on
Cynthia wrote:
> How can a get a number to round in the formula bar when it is already rounded
> on the worksheet. Ex: Formula Bar says 16651107.5346 and the worksheet has
> 16651108 so I can total a column correctly?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cynthia

The number on the worksheet is not rounded, it is exactly the same as the number
in the formula bar. It has been formatted to show no decimal places. Use the
ROUND function in another cell if you want the number rounded. So for example,
if you have 16651107.5346 in cell A1, put this in cell B1:

=ROUND(A1,0)

Then you will actually have 16651108 in B1.

Another option is "precision as displayed". According to help:

Precision as displayed - Permanently changes stored values in cells from full
precision (15 digits) to whatever format, including decimal places, is displayed.

Key word: PERMANENTLY
From: Gary Brown on
What you see in the formula bar is the actual value in the cell.
What you see in the cell is the FORMATTED for viewing value.
To round the actual value, use the =Round( ) formula.
To round to the nearest whole # the formula would be something like...
=Round(A1,0)
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: Cynthia on
Thanks for all the advise!! It was very helpful!