First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Ruby Shoes: Self-contained?
I've been learning to use Shoes. The included manual indicates that to start shoes applications, I must execute Shoes, and then select the application I want to run through the file dialog window. This is fine for me, the developer, but it seems like there should be some way to start Shoes and the application in on... 18 Jul 2010 11:35
Search Array
I have an array which is created by reading a csv file time = CSV.parse(File.read('time.csv')) time.csv contains valuea,a,100 valueb,b,200 valuec,c,300 I want to be able to find a particular value but I used time.index 'valuea' and nothing displays. I am pretty sure it is because its an array of array... 18 Jul 2010 21:21
ruby abstraction
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Hi, I'm a newbie with a background in Java. I've just about finished working through an introductory ruby book and I didn't see anything about abstract classes or indeed interfaces. I have found the concept of an interface invaluable in my ... 24 Jul 2010 17:44
[ANN] Kwalify 0.7.2 - parser, schema validator, and data binding for YAML and JSON
Hi, I released Kwalify 0.7.2. This is a bug fix release. http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwalify/ Overview -------- Kwalify is an integrated tool for YAML and JSON. Kwalify contains parser, schema validator, and data binding tool. See User's Guide for details. http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwalify/ruby/users-gu... 17 Jul 2010 21:41
[ANN] Call for Participation for 2010 Workshop on Scheme and Functional Programming
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION 2010 Workshop on Scheme and Functional Programming Montreal, Quebec, Canada Saturday and Sunday August 21-22, 2010 http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~sfp2010 *** ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR TH... 17 Jul 2010 15:13
Instance eval in 1.8 and 1.9
Hi, Porting a program from 1.8 to 1.9, I hit a stumbling block in the use of instance_eval. The following code works in 1.8 but not 1.9. instance_eval in 1.9 does not allow you to use a lambda as a block. The solution is to use a proc instead. I understand that lambdas are like methods and procs are like b... 19 Jul 2010 11:19
Different results in command-line vs. TextMate
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 3:03 PM, David A. Black <dblack(a)rubypal.com> wrote: James's text file has some non-printing (Word-derived?) characters, instead of regular spaces: Those are nonbreak spaces (U+00A0, 0xC2A0) that should be treat... 17 Jul 2010 10:52
Driving irb from IO.popen
Hello, I'm stuck with a problem concerning IO.popen It's not necessarily related to irb but that's a good point where to start. I'd like to drive irb from ruby using IO.popen. The problem is: each time I type something inside irb, I can get one, two or more lines of output I'd like to store with no way to know... 19 Jul 2010 13:32
Infinite Loop in Code -- Logic Error
Hi all, I've just started my journey as a ruby developer, and I'm going through a couple of exercises that one of my professors sent me, to allow me figure out the syntax. It's not for an assignment, merely for practice (I need it). My code looks like Java, it's not elegant, it's slow, but little by little, righ... 19 Jul 2010 00:34
how to test a ruby script from another ruby script?
i have a ruby echo server script working, but to validate that its working fine, how to write a ruby script(test case) to provide fake stdin input to that echo server script and find if the same has been displayed back by the echo server script. Can any point some examples on the same? Thanks -- Posted via... 19 Jul 2010 09:07