From: Thomas M. on
Outlook 2007

I work in IT, and I do a lot of research on the Internet covering a wide
range of topics. Periodically, I come across articles that I would like to
read, but that I don't want to read while on my employer's time, so I
forward the links home. I also tend to forward home things like pictures
received from other employees that are of a personal nature. Rather than
have these items taking up space in my Sent Items, I would like to create a
rule that takes any message sent to my home email address and moves it to
the Deleted Items.

I started with a blank rule and selected the "Check messages after sending"
option, and then set the rule criteria so that it would fire on any message
sent to my home email address. But when I got to the part of the Rule
Wizard where you specify actions, there is no option to have the messages
moved from Sent Items into Deleted Items. There is a "perform a custom
action" option, but I couldn't see a way to make that work for what I want
to accomplish.

How can I create a rule that will move items sent to my home email address
into the Deleted Items?

--Tom

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
You can only move copies. You could disable automatic saving of all mail
then set up a rule to save all mail to the sent folder except if sent to
your address.

--

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Thomas M. on
Thanks for the reply.

Too bad. It seems like that would be a nice little feature.

--Tom