From: Sabin Coanda on
> Are the problematic senders also listed in your contact records, and
> did you enable the whitelisting function in the Safe Senders options to
> include senders in your contacts?

Neither the right senders nor the problematic senders are in my contact
records, or in my safe senders list.

From: VanguardLH on
Sabin Coanda wrote:

>> Are the problematic senders also listed in your contact records, and
>> did you enable the whitelisting function in the Safe Senders options to
>> include senders in your contacts?
>
> Neither the right senders nor the problematic senders are in my contact
> records, or in my safe senders list.

Did you disable all rules except the one that moves the e-mails from
senders in the x.com domain? If you don't use the stop clause in your
rules, they get OR'ed together in the order they are listed. That means
you could end up with side effects, like one rule undoing what another
did.
From: Sabin Coanda on
> Did you disable all rules except the one that moves the e-mails from
> senders in the x.com domain? If you don't use the stop clause in your
> rules, they get OR'ed together in the order they are listed. That means
> you could end up with side effects, like one rule undoing what another
> did.

Yes, I disable the other rules.

In fact when I run the rules on demand by "Run Rules Now", all the rules are
disabled by default, and I enable just the rule I need. On the other hand,
in spite I have "Stop processing more rules" clause, I don't have a rule
which keeps explicitely an email in the Inbox. All my rules move the emails
in different folders by different criteria and stop then processing more
rules, to avoid processing an email by two different rules.

BTW, I found quite annoying this parallel processing, and not sequential as
the Outlook Express or Windows Mail do. However this is another story :)

From: VanguardLH on
Sabin Coanda wrote:

>> Did you disable all rules except the one that moves the e-mails from
>> senders in the x.com domain? If you don't use the stop clause in your
>> rules, they get OR'ed together in the order they are listed. That means
>> you could end up with side effects, like one rule undoing what another
>> did.
>
> Yes, I disable the other rules.
>
> In fact when I run the rules on demand by "Run Rules Now", all the rules are
> disabled by default, and I enable just the rule I need. On the other hand,
> in spite I have "Stop processing more rules" clause, I don't have a rule
> which keeps explicitely an email in the Inbox. All my rules move the emails
> in different folders by different criteria and stop then processing more
> rules, to avoid processing an email by two different rules.
>
> BTW, I found quite annoying this parallel processing, and not sequential as
> the Outlook Express or Windows Mail do. However this is another story :)

Are you using the value of From as rendered in Outlook's GUI? Or did
you use View -> Options menu to see the headers to see what value is
shown there?

What happens when you load Outlook in its safe mode which does not load
any add-ons that you installed in Outlook ("outlook.exe /safe")?
From: Sabin Coanda on
> Are you using the value of From as rendered in Outlook's GUI? Or did
> you use View -> Options menu to see the headers to see what value is
> shown there?

As I write in the head email of this thread, I get the sender addres from
"Message Options" window, "Internet headers" text box, field "From:".
Supposing it is "From: John Doe <john(a)x.com>", I select "@x.com". Also I
tried to use the value which is shown in the Inbox window, column "From",
which is in my sample "John Doe". It is the same behavior.

> What happens when you load Outlook in its safe mode which does not load
> any add-ons that you installed in Outlook ("outlook.exe /safe")?

With "outlook.exe /safe" I found the same behavior.