From: Sabin Coanda on
Hi there,

I create a simple rule which has to select the emails containing the domain
of the sender address and move it to a specified folder.

How I do that:
- I get the sender addres from the message option window, internet headers
text box, field "From:". Suppose it is "From: John Doe <john(a)x.com>"
- I make the rule checking the option "with specific words in the sender's
address", and add in the related window the phrase "@x.com"
- I check the option move in the specified folder, and I select my
destination folder

When the emails arrives, I found for some emails the rule works, for other
it doesn't work, so the emails from some senders are selecting well, moving
them to the desired folder, but the emails from other senders are kept in
inbox. I tried to verify the rule removing the emails which were moved in
inbox, and I run again my rule. I found that systematically the same emails
which were previously moved are moved again, and the emails which were not
moved before are kept in inbox as well.

What is the problem ?

TIA,
Sabin

From: Sabin Coanda on
I found some differences between the emails.

Those which are kept in inbox have some tags more: X-MS-Has-Attach,
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL, X-MS-TNEF-Correlator,
X-Auto-Response-Suppress.

Maybe helps to find the problem

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Are their any other differences in the header, such as how the From field is
formatted?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Sabin Coanda on
I found no difference of From or other fields format

From: VanguardLH on
Sabin Coanda wrote:

> I create a simple rule which has to select the emails containing the
> domain of the sender address and move it to a specified folder.
>
> How I do that:
> - I get the sender addres from the message option window, internet
> headers text box, field "From:". Suppose it is "From: John Doe
> <john(a)x.com>"
> - I make the rule checking the option
> "with specific words in the sender's address", and add in the related
> window the phrase "@x.com"
> - I check the option move in the specified
> folder, and I select my destination folder
>
> When the emails arrives, I found for some emails the rule works, for
> other it doesn't work, so the emails from some senders are selecting
> well, moving them to the desired folder, but the emails from other
> senders are kept in inbox. I tried to verify the rule removing the
> emails which were moved in inbox, and I run again my rule. I found
> that systematically the same emails which were previously moved are
> moved again, and the emails which were not moved before are kept in
> inbox as well.

Are the problematic senders also listed in your contact records, and
did you enable the whitelisting function in the Safe Senders options to
include senders in your contacts?