From: Joaquim Oliveira on
Hi guys, I have a problem that�s happening within a unique machine at work.
This machine has Windows 98 and the application runs on various other
machines with the same OS, but on this one it doesn�t work.

For all similar machines that use the same application I installed Microsoft
Visual Basic 6.0, the Oracle Client Service (8.0.5.0.0) and Crystal Reports
9. Besides this, on the problematica machine I have updated de MDAC and JET
to it�s latest released version (for Win98) -- but still, it doesn�t work.

I would like to know if I missed something. Can anything be done to get the
app working on this particular machine?

Thank you.
Joaquim Oliveira.

From: Phil Hunt on
It is good time to tell them to upgrade to XP or soemthing. But on that
problem, check the regional setting, maybe the sql is translated to
something you don't want. That runtime err usually means a field does not
exit in the DB.

From: Palula Brasil on
I tried looking up the Regional Settings, and foud that the calendar is
being expressed as dd-MM-yy. Within some softwares, this date layout is
known to generate problems, so I changed it to the brazilian default date
layout: dd-MM-yyyy.

But the probelm still occurs. :(

Can anybody help me out?

From: Dee Earley on
On 18/01/2010 21:49, Joaquim Oliveira wrote:
> Hi guys, I have a problem that�s happening within a unique machine at work.
> This machine has Windows 98 and the application runs on various other
> machines with the same OS, but on this one it doesn�t work.
>
> For all similar machines that use the same application I installed Microsoft
> Visual Basic 6.0, the Oracle Client Service (8.0.5.0.0) and Crystal Reports
> 9. Besides this, on the problematica machine I have updated de MDAC and JET
> to it�s latest released version (for Win98) -- but still, it doesn�t work.
>
> I would like to know if I missed something. Can anything be done to get the
> app working on this particular machine?

Have a read of:
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Debugging

The error itself is self explanatory in that you are trying to access an
item in a collection that doesn't exist.
The page I gave you explains how you can find out what is causing it.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Joaquim Oliveira on
But the software works really fine ona all machines of the network. It only
glitches on one machine. I think this shouldn�t be a developing problem.
Because if it was, assl machines should have this problem, shouldn�t they?