From: Mike on
Hi,

I posted in the "new users" section, but still am stuck and hoping for help.
The person in our agency who created this DB has left the company, and we
are getting the "Run Time error 2683: No object in this control". Googling
this mentions registering the mscomct2.ocx file, which I have done to no
effect. When the error comes up and I click "debug", I get the Visual Basic
editor up on this information:

Private Sub CommtExpireDateZ_LostFocus()
If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then
Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment has EXPIRED!"
Else
Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment Expiration:"
End If

End Sub

The If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then is highlighted in yellow. There is
a box in the form that is blank, and I think is supposed to be a date field,
not sure if this is where this error is focused, but there is a blank box
showing on the form. The highlighted in grey form in the upper left window
is called Form_ClientDataForm if that means anything.

I have no idea what this error is telling me as I have never done this
before. Can someone provide me guidance to debug this?

Mike

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Mike wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I posted in the "new users" section, but still am stuck and hoping for help.
> The person in our agency who created this DB has left the company, and we
>are getting the "Run Time error 2683: No object in this control". Googling
>this mentions registering the mscomct2.ocx file, which I have done to no
>effect. When the error comes up and I click "debug", I get the Visual Basic
>editor up on this information:
>
>Private Sub CommtExpireDateZ_LostFocus()
>If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then
> Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment has EXPIRED!"
>Else
> Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment Expiration:"
>End If
>
>End Sub
>
>The If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then is highlighted in yellow. There is
>a box in the form that is blank, and I think is supposed to be a date field,
>not sure if this is where this error is focused, but there is a blank box
>showing on the form. The highlighted in grey form in the upper left window
>is called Form_ClientDataForm if that means anything.
>
>I have no idea what this error is telling me as I have never done this
>before. Can someone provide me guidance to debug this?
>
>Mike

Mike,
several things could cause this... renamed controls, etc.
Open the form in design view and make sure the CommtExpireDateZ exists and
has not been renamed. To determine if it has, click on the "ExpireDate"
textbox and verify the name of the control.
If the name has changed, fix the If Me!CommtExpireDateZ ... statement to
refer to the correct control name.

From: Mike on
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I brough up the form in design view (hold down
shift key and hit enter on DB),went to ClientDataForm form, and there is a
box that is blank with a description box labeled "unbound". I right clicked
on the box, went to properties, then the "all" tab, and the name it gives is
CommtExpireDateZ in the name field. I believe this is the one. It's OLE
class is DTPicker, and the class is MSComCtl2.DTpicker.2. Is this
information helpful?

I'm not sure what all this means, but because the description box is
"unbound", does that mean this box need to be linked to something else?

Mike