From: LD55ZRA on
Andrew,

If I were you, I would not run that script because Harry Johnson
<harry(a)scms.waikato.ac.nz> is a convicted paedophilia from New Zealand and
has been outed under Megan's Law. You don't need any manual updates because
your system is good as it is unless you want to destabilize it by installing
all the useless updates which that paedophilia is offering.

You have been warned.

From: Michael on
Did your parents have any children that actually lived?.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Andrew Weaver on
Because you have to open Windows update and manually install the new version
of the update agent and then have it scan the system for updates and then
accept the updates that it wants to install?

What do you mean?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Not if Automatic Updates is enabled. See
http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2008/07/03/upcoming-update-to-windows-update.aspx

Update Management Technology
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/updatemanagement/default.aspx