From: Thomas Hahn on
Hallo,

i have a xbap application, wich was created on vista and vs 2008. I have
used backgroundworker in my application

After the creation of this application i changed my system to windows 7 and
vs 2010. On this new system doesn't work my application. The
RunWorkerCompleted events is not fired.

I use a style to set the fontfamily in my project.

------
<Style x:Key="Style_Base">
<Setter Property="Control.BorderThickness" Value="0" />
<Setter Property="Control.FontSize" Value="10pt" />
<Setter Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial" />
<Setter Property="Control.Margin" Value="5" />
</Style>
------

My application works fine, without the following line "<Setter
Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial"
/>" !

Know somebody these problem or know someone a workaround?

Thanks a lot
Thomas

From: Peter Duniho on
Thomas Hahn wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i have a xbap application, wich was created on vista and vs 2008. I have
> used backgroundworker in my application
>
> After the creation of this application i changed my system to windows 7
> and vs 2010. On this new system doesn't work my application. The
> RunWorkerCompleted events is not fired.
>
> I use a style to set the fontfamily in my project.
>
> ------
> <Style x:Key="Style_Base">
> <Setter Property="Control.BorderThickness" Value="0" />
> <Setter Property="Control.FontSize" Value="10pt" />
> <Setter Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial" />
> <Setter Property="Control.Margin" Value="5" />
> </Style>
> ------
>
> My application works fine, without the following line "<Setter
> Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial"
> />" !
>
> Know somebody these problem or know someone a workaround?

I know for a fact that BackgroundWorker works fine with Win7/VS2010, and
I'm pretty sure that normally using a different font in a style isn't
going to affect how BackgroundWorker works.

So whatever your issue, it exists in some completely different code. If
you want help, you should post a concise-but-complete code example that
reliably demonstrates the problem.

Pete
From: Thomas Hahn on

"Peter Duniho" <NpOeStPeAdM(a)NnOwSlPiAnMk.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Thomas Hahn wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> i have a xbap application, wich was created on vista and vs 2008. I have
>> used backgroundworker in my application
>>
>> After the creation of this application i changed my system to windows 7
>> and vs 2010. On this new system doesn't work my application. The
>> RunWorkerCompleted events is not fired.
>>
>> I use a style to set the fontfamily in my project.
>>
>> ------
>> <Style x:Key="Style_Base">
>> <Setter Property="Control.BorderThickness" Value="0" />
>> <Setter Property="Control.FontSize" Value="10pt" />
>> <Setter Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial" />
>> <Setter Property="Control.Margin" Value="5" />
>> </Style>
>> ------
>>
>> My application works fine, without the following line "<Setter
>> Property="Control.FontFamily" Value="Arial"
>> />" !
>>
>> Know somebody these problem or know someone a workaround?
>
> I know for a fact that BackgroundWorker works fine with Win7/VS2010, and
> I'm pretty sure that normally using a different font in a style isn't
> going to affect how BackgroundWorker works.
>
> So whatever your issue, it exists in some completely different code. If
> you want help, you should post a concise-but-complete code example that
> reliably demonstrates the problem.
>
> Pete

Thanks for your answer

Yes in a new project, which was created in Windows 7 / VS 2010, the
BackgroundWoker works fine. But in my xbap application not!

Now, I have changed the target .net framework to the version 4.0 and my xbap
application works fine.

is it an error in the framework?

But my costumer have not the .net framework 4.0 in his network. so, i need
the .net framework Version 3.5 SP 1

Thomas

From: Peter Duniho on
Thomas Hahn wrote:
> Yes in a new project, which was created in Windows 7 / VS 2010, the
> BackgroundWoker works fine. But in my xbap application not!
>
> Now, I have changed the target .net framework to the version 4.0 and my
> xbap application works fine.
>
> is it an error in the framework?

Unlikely. But it's not possible to say for sure until you post a
concise-but-complete code example that reliably reproduces the problem.

Pete
From: Thomas Hahn on

> Thomas Hahn wrote:
>> Yes in a new project, which was created in Windows 7 / VS 2010, the
>> BackgroundWoker works fine. But in my xbap application not!
>>
>> Now, I have changed the target .net framework to the version 4.0 and my
>> xbap application works fine.
>>
>> is it an error in the framework?
>
> Unlikely. But it's not possible to say for sure until you post a
> concise-but-complete code example that reliably reproduces the problem.
>
> Pete

I have only my full project and this can i not post in ng. in a new project,
that was created in vs2010 and win7, the problem is not exist !

so, how can i reproduce my problem?

Thomas