From: George J. Wallace on
Hi;
Over the weekend I got hit with the lsas.blaster virus. I used
malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and CCleaner and it appeared to remove the
infection. However, my pc is now a snail. I have an instance of
svchost.exe that is just churning - using up 93-99% cpu. Killing the
process forces a restart. Killing the child processes using Process
Explorer totally freezes the machine. When I start up in Safe mode, that
instance disappears. I'm stumped. How can I find out what is looping and
stop it from calling svchost.exe? I'd really hate to have to wipe the drive
and do a reinstall but I'm starting to think that it might be my only
alternative.
TIA for any help.

gjw

--
George J. Wallace

From: George J. Wallace on
Hi;
I found the answer. It was a memory leak problem. Thanks anyway.

gjw

"George J. Wallace" <georgejwallace(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
> Over the weekend I got hit with the lsas.blaster virus. I used
> malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and CCleaner and it appeared to remove the
> infection. However, my pc is now a snail. I have an instance of
> svchost.exe that is just churning - using up 93-99% cpu. Killing the
> process forces a restart. Killing the child processes using Process
> Explorer totally freezes the machine. When I start up in Safe mode, that
> instance disappears. I'm stumped. How can I find out what is looping and
> stop it from calling svchost.exe? I'd really hate to have to wipe the
drive
> and do a reinstall but I'm starting to think that it might be my only
> alternative.
> TIA for any help.
>
> gjw
>
> --