From: South Essex on
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report
which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that
client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a
running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total
of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net
of time bookings which have not been invoiced.

I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other
clients which should not be included in the report.
From: Allen Browne on
What type of field are you using to store the time?

If you used a Date/Time field, you'll have trouble summing it once it
exceeds 24 hours. So, if the field is named ClientTime, you'll need to use
an expression like this in the Control Source of the text box you put into
the Report Footer (or Group Footer, but not Page Footer):
=Sum(DateDiff("n", #0:0:0#, [ClientTime]))/60

Then assuming the hourly rate is in a field named ClientRate:
=Sum([ClientRate] * DateDiff("n", #0:0:0#, [ClientTime]) / 60)