From: ucastores on
I have cells with dollar values from formulas and i am trying to place the
total of all those values in another cell based upon the current date
backwards. An IF gives me a #name result. I know i am not using the Date
command properly, but i can't figure out how to do it. can anyone help me?
I used =IF(Date<=TODAY, sum(. ... Or is there a better way to do it? What
i want is if the date is today or inthe past to add the dollar values in the
cells, but not the ones that are in the future.
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Change the ranges to suit

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")*(A1:A20<=TODAY())*(B1:B20))

--
Mike

question.

From: ucastores on
Mike, being the usual slow thinking person i can sometimes be, i think a left
an important bit of info out. ... can i send you a copy that work sheet?
The columns are titled with the months of the year and those that are in the
future i don't want included but the ones that have passed i do.

From: Mike H on
Hi,

With the obvious changes

M dot L dot hughes at virginmedia dot com
--
Mike

question.

From: Don Guillett on