From: vbarathee on
Hi

Please find the compiler options for this program ,

PROCESS(CBL) statements:
PROCESS
NODYNAM 00010000
Options in effect:
NOADATA
NOADV
APOST
ARITH(COMPAT)
AWO
BUFSIZE(4096)
NOCICS
CODEPAGE(1140)
NOCOMPILE(S)
NOCURRENCY
DATA(31)
NODATEPROC
NODBCS
NODECK
NODIAGTRUNC
NODLL
NODUMP
NODYNAM
NOEXIT
NOEXPORTALL
FASTSRT
FLAG(I,I)
NOFLAGSTD
INTDATE(ANSI)
LANGUAGE(EN)
LIB
LINECOUNT(60)
LIST
MAP
NOMDECK
NONAME
NSYMBOL(DBCS)
NUMBER
NUMPROC(NOPFD)
OBJECT
NOOFFSET
OPTIMIZE(STD)
OUTDD(SYSOUT)
PGMNAME(COMPAT)
RENT
RMODE(AUTO)
NOSEQUENCE
SIZE(MAX)
SOURCE
SPACE(1)
NOSQL
NOSSRANGE
NOTERM
NOTEST
NOTHREAD
TRUNC(OPT)
PP 5655-G53 IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS
3.4.1 Date 06/25/2008 Time 04:03:20
Page 2
NOVBREF
NOWORD
XREF(FULL)
YEARWINDOW(1900)
ZWB

PROCESSING OPTIONS:

ALIASES NO
ALIGN2 NO
AMODE UNSPECIFIED
CALL YES
CASE UPPER
COMPAT UNSPECIFIED
COMPRESS AUTO
DCBS NO
DYNAM NO
EXTATTR UNSPECIFIED
EXITS: NONE
FILL NONE
GID UNSPECIFIED
HOBSET NO
LET 08
LINECT 060
LIST SUMMARY
LISTPRIV NO
MAP YES
MAXBLK 032760
MSGLEVEL 00
OVLY NO
PRINT YES
RES NO
REUSABILITY UNSPECIFIED
RMODE UNSPECIFIED
STORENX NOREPLACE
STRIPCL NO
STRIPSEC NO
TERM NO
TRAP ON
UID UNSPECIFIED
UPCASE NO
WKSPACE 000000K,000000K
XCAL NO
XREF YES

SAVE MODULE ATTRIBUTES:

AC 000
AMODE 24
COMPRESSION NONE
DC NO
EDITABLE YES
EXCEEDS 16MB NO
EXECUTABLE YES
MIGRATABLE YES
OL NO
OVLY NO
PACK,PRIME NO,NO
PAGE ALIGN NO
REFR NO
RENT NO
REUS NO
RMODE 24
SCTR NO
SSI
SYM GENERATED NO
TEST NO
XPLINK NO
MODULE SIZE (HEX) 00005CD0

Thanks,
Barathi.v
From: William M. Klein on
So, you are still compiling with DATA(31) and NODYNAM.

But you have never told us how you are calling ILBOWAT0 (static or dynamic). It
*should* be dynamic (e.g. CALL identifier rather than CALL "literal").

You also still haven't told us what COBOL run-time library or libraries are
available

and

You haven't told us what TRAP run-time option is in effect.

You also haven't told us what happens when you "display" the KEY value during
the INVALID KEY phrase (and whether that record is really there).

--
Bill Klein
wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

From: Anonymous on
In article <DMR8k.82911$3p2.82574(a)fe10.news.easynews.com>,
William M. Klein <wmklein(a)nospam.netcom.com> wrote:
>So, you are still compiling with DATA(31) and NODYNAM.
>
>But you have never told us how you are calling ILBOWAT0 (static or
>dynamic).

[snip]

>You also still haven't told us what COBOL run-time library or libraries are
>available
>
>and
>
>You haven't told us what TRAP run-time option is in effect.
>
>You also haven't told us what happens when you "display" the KEY value during
>the INVALID KEY phrase (and whether that record is really there).

Hasn't said much about when the code was outsourced, either... at least
there's consistency.

DD

From: William M. Klein on
Unlike you, I don't care (too much) when it was outsourced. I would (if I
thought he would answer) be more interested in:

A) is training in IBM mainframe COBOL (what was it and how long)
and
B) what training the "senior" person within his own organization has with IBM
mainframe COBOL (and LE).
and
C) (as far as outsourcing goes), what they REPRESENTED as their level of
training when they got the contract.

--
Bill Klein
wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

From: Pete Dashwood on

"William M. Klein" <wmklein(a)nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Unlike you, I don't care (too much) when it was outsourced.

It is relevant inasmuch as it indicates how long an outsourced solution may
take. (If it was a long time ago, it could also indicate why obsolete
practices are still being employed... If it was done recently, then it
indicates that this particular outsourcer is using outmoded practise as a
matter of course. That provides insight into the level of quality one might
expect...)

> I would (if I thought he would answer) be more interested in:
>
> A) is training in IBM mainframe COBOL (what was it and how long)
> and
> B) what training the "senior" person within his own organization has with
> IBM mainframe COBOL (and LE).
> and
> C) (as far as outsourcing goes), what they REPRESENTED as their level of
> training when they got the contract.

Yes, the last one particularly would be interesting to look at. Mind you, if
the client (the people doing the outsourcing) weren't able or willing to
check them (the outsourcers) out, then there is a case for saying they get
what they deserve and "caveat emptor"...

The OP has had more than enough assistance to solve this problem. I have to
wonder why, given consistent refusal to provide the information requested,
you would persevere with this, Bill... Still, that's entirely a matter for
you :-)

Pete.