From: Free Hui on
Hi;
My ATi 7200 has problem in display and I change it to S3 Savage2000. This is
an old card that I did not use for long. My Win Xp OS could not find the
driver of the display card. I do not know where to find the driver. Can any
one help? Thank you.
F. Hui

From: DaveW on
That old video card is NOT compatible with XP. Time to buy a new video
card.

--
DaveW

----------------

From: paulmd@efn.org on

Free Hui wrote:
> Hi;
> My ATi 7200 has problem in display and I change it to S3 Savage2000. This is
> an old card that I did not use for long. My Win Xp OS could not find the
> driver of the display card. I do not know where to find the driver. Can any
> one help? Thank you.
> F. Hui

s3 has no generic drivers for this card. It was apparently also known
as the diamond viper II.

I found a supposed windows 2000 dirver for the card. Not tested.

http://www.driverscollection.com/gf.php?file_id=513&sid=1504007405

you ARE better off getting a newer card.

From: Rod Speed on
paulmd(a)efn.org wrote:
> Free Hui wrote:
>> Hi;
>> My ATi 7200 has problem in display and I change it to S3 Savage2000.
>> This is an old card that I did not use for long. My Win Xp OS could
>> not find the driver of the display card. I do not know where to find
>> the driver. Can any one help? Thank you.
>> F. Hui
>
> s3 has no generic drivers for this card. It was apparently also known
> as the diamond viper II.
>
> I found a supposed windows 2000 dirver for the card. Not tested.
>
> http://www.driverscollection.com/gf.php?file_id=513&sid=1504007405
>
> you ARE better off getting a newer card.

Not really, it works fine in XP. Its got a quirk when installing XP,
the install has to be done using a different video card, but XP is
happy to use it when its plugged into an existing install.

From: Free Hui on
Hi Paul,
Thank you very much for your effort. It is the exact driver for my card. It
works perfectly well.
F. Hui

<paulmd(a)efn.org> wrote in message

> Free Hui wrote:
>> Hi;
>> My ATi 7200 has problem in display and I change it to S3 Savage2000. This
>> is
>> an old card that I did not use for long. My Win Xp OS could not find the
>> driver of the display card. I do not know where to find the driver. Can
>> any
>> one help? Thank you.
>> F. Hui
>
> s3 has no generic drivers for this card. It was apparently also known
> as the diamond viper II.
>
> I found a supposed windows 2000 dirver for the card. Not tested.
>
> http://www.driverscollection.com/gf.php?file_id=513&sid=1504007405
>
> you ARE better off getting a newer card.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: PC POSSESSED !
Next: MotherBoard Fails to boot.