From: Vivek Gupta on
Hi
I have only recently started using SAS/AF and am building a data
editing AF application using Formviewer component. The Formviewer is
named 'aa' and it's been associated with a datamodel 'bb'.
There are Push button controls on FRAME that enable BROWSE
(bb.editmode = 'browse'), and EDITING (bb.editmode = 'rowleveledit')
of data in table. Where I am stuck is that I want a three fields in
Formviewer to be ReadOnly while the rest of the fields of formviewer
are editable.
I know I cannot control the Formviewer fields through Frame.SCL and
have to use model SCL but am unable to get it to work. ()
I have tried the following ModelSCL

DFINIT:
DCL object
frameid ;

frameid=_viewer_.frameid;
/* Pushbutton component on Frame which enables rowleveledit */
DCL object
editid;
frameid._getWidget (edit,editid);

/* TextBox component on Formviewer which need to be controlled by the
Frame component Edit
*/
DCL object
villageid;
_viewer_._getComponentID
(village,villageid);
DCL object vdateid;
_viewer_._getComponentID (vdate,vdateid);
DCL object vtimeid;
_viewer_._getComponentID (vtime,vtimeid);
return;

I was hoping that this way, I will be able to control behaviour of
Village, vdate and vtime components on Formviewer through the Frame
object: edit. But I always get en error while compiling the ModelSCL.

ERROR: [Line 22] Cannot match signature '(NO)' on invocation of
method _getComponentID. There may be no matching signature or all
correct matches may be inaccessible. <<< This is the line"
_viewer_._getComponentID (vdate,vdateid); "
ERROR: [Line 25] Cannot match signature '(NO)' on invocation of
method _getComponentID. There may be no matching signature or all
correct matches may be inaccessible.<< This is the line
_viewer_._getComponentID (vtime,vtimeid);

Would appreciate help and guidance as to where am I going wrong.

Thanks
Vivek

Pages: 1
Prev: simple question!!