From: Ulf on
Hey folks,

I am getting multiple instances of the same error across all of my
Servers.

The SAVRT service failed to start due to the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. Domain: <deleted>

Computer: DALPLM12
Time: 9/15/2005 10:24:19 PM
Type: Error
Provider Name: System
Event Number: 7000
Provider Type: Event Log
Source: Service Control Manager
Category:
Raises Alert: True
Consolidated:
Event Id: 3b5c8423-6dae-435f-9465-46a621374f27

The problem is, I can find no instance in my Services mmc's of any such
service titled SAVRT, despite it being referenced over and over again. Could
anyone tell me what the SAVRT service does? Should it be visible as a
service in the Services MMC? Is this a client originating Service?

I am running Symantec Corporate Version
Version: 10.0.0.359
From: Luc R on

open REGEdit and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

hit CTRL-F and type SAVRT

you should find it.
setting the START value to 3, will put the start service to 'manual'

--
Luc R
MCSE/MCDBA

http://www.woxxom.com

From: Brian Dearth on
I am having the same error appearing in the event log during Symantec
AntiVirus installation. The install fails at the very end and rolls
back, so none of these registry entries are present. I have tried the
manual removal to clean everything, but the error still persists when
an install is attempted. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!