From: Chuck Curtiss on
I have a recently upgraded w2k3 server that I would like to synchronize to
public ntp time sources.
I have looked at all the KB articles and have also tried the following from
this news group

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:us.pool.ntp.org,0x0
/syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time
w32tm /resync

I then see multiple w32time event id 38 followed by 47 and finally 29.

If I use w32tm /stripchart /computer:us.pool.ntp.org /samples:1 /dataonly
And I can see the time server.

??? Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
From: Jerold Schulman on
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:37:02 -0700, "Chuck Curtiss" <ChuckCurtiss(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a recently upgraded w2k3 server that I would like to synchronize to
>public ntp time sources.
>I have looked at all the KB articles and have also tried the following from
>this news group
>
>w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:us.pool.ntp.org,0x0
>/syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes /update
>net stop w32time
>net start w32time
>w32tm /resync
>

>I then see multiple w32time event id 38 followed by 47 and finally 29.
>
>If I use w32tm /stripchart /computer:us.pool.ntp.org /samples:1 /dataonly
>And I can see the time server.
>
>??? Any ideas.
>
>Thanks in advance.

See tip 9561 ? Your Windows Server 2003 authoritative time server fails to synchronize time with a non-Windows NTP server?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
http://www.jsifaq.com
From: Chuck Curtiss on

"Jerold Schulman" wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:37:02 -0700, "Chuck Curtiss" <ChuckCurtiss(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a recently upgraded w2k3 server that I would like to synchronize to
> >public ntp time sources.
> >I have looked at all the KB articles and have also tried the following from
> >this news group
> >
> >w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:us.pool.ntp.org,0x0
> >/syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes /update
> >net stop w32time
> >net start w32time
> >w32tm /resync
> >

> >I then see multiple w32time event id 38 followed by 47 and finally 29.
> >
> >If I use w32tm /stripchart /computer:us.pool.ntp.org /samples:1 /dataonly
> >And I can see the time server.
> >
> >??? Any ideas.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> See tip 9561 ยป Your Windows Server 2003 authoritative time server fails to synchronize time with a non-Windows NTP server?
> in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
>
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.