From: Annon on
I seen to have a problem I can't fix.

SBS 2003 Std - at some point a resintall over the top has been done and a
general mess made.

I've managed to get most things working again but selecting anything from
the mgt console in the backup section gives "Unspecificed Error" in a
windows internet explorer window. I've removed / installed (no reinstall
option) the administration component which tell me to reapply any SP's but
SP1 refuses to reinstall which is why I think I keep getting the error.
Nothing in the event user to give any help either.

Any suggestions ?

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Please run a scan with the SBS 2003 BPA and fix any problems it finds.

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3874527a-de19-49bb-800f-352f3b6f2922&displaylang=en

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

From: Annon on

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" <mwport(a)no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please run a scan with the SBS 2003 BPA and fix any problems it finds.

Already been there... There are a couple of warnings but nothing "critical".

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Has the default Backup User account been deleted?

The Backup Configuration Wizard ends and you receive an "Unspecified error"
error message in Small Business Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886297

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

From: Annon on

> Has the default Backup User account been deleted?
>
> The Backup Configuration Wizard ends and you receive an "Unspecified
> error" error message in Small Business Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886297

The username exists but I can't swap it to another as I get the same error
picking select a new tape changer from the menu. To clarify the wizard
doesn't even start - a new window with the error and OK button pops up as
soons as anything is clicked on.

I must admit Im stumped.