From: JimmyJames on

I run SBS 2003 and due to the amount of data on the users drive it has
become chokers and have installed a new 1tb drive to keep up with demand
for space.

I need to move all the data to the new drive but unsure of the process.

Is there an easy way of doing this? As it needs to be done asap

Thanks

--
JimmyJames
JimmyJames's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/255792.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: expertz on

You can follow the below suggestions:

- Do a backup of your User Shared Folder and then restore it to the
Data Directory (this will preserver the permissions and also the
ownership of the files).
- Now check the share level access control (security on the sharing
tab of the folder properties) and the unshare this folder.
- Share the new User Shared Folder using the same share level
security. The NTFS permissions will be what they should be.

--
expertz
expertz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/37437.htm

From: Jim on
Try downloading this document from Microsoft, basically goes through the
whole process:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A1D0AF69-1287-4225-BD8B-59C89F44984B&displaylang=en

Jim.