From: yaro137 on
I set up a couple of policies and I just can't get them to work. I've
got the Default plus two more. The other two should be setting up a
different email address based on the description field in the user
account. The way it looks only the Default policy applies. Is the
problem that I changed the domain part of the email address that I
want the users to have?
yaro
From: Steve Foster on
yaro137 wrote:

> I set up a couple of policies and I just can't get them to work. I've
> got the Default plus two more. The other two should be setting up a
> different email address based on the description field in the user
> account. The way it looks only the Default policy applies. Is the
> problem that I changed the domain part of the email address that I
> want the users to have?
> yaro

Any given account will have _one_ Recipient Policy applied. They are
*not* cumulative.

The best way to do it is to leave the Default Policy alone (the SBS
wizards manipulate it), and create higher-priority RPs that do what you
want *and* include the Default Policy settings in your more-specific
policies.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: yaro137 on
On 20 July, 22:37, "Steve Foster" <stevefos...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> yaro137 wrote:
> > I set up a couple of policies and I just can't get them to work. I've
> > got the Default plus two more. The other two should be setting up a
> > different email address based on the description field in the user
> > account. The way it looks only the Default policy applies. Is the
> > problem that I changed the domain part of the email address that I
> > want the users to have?
> > yaro
>
> Any given account will have _one_ Recipient Policy applied. They are
> *not* cumulative.
>
> The best way to do it is to leave the Default Policy alone (the SBS
> wizards manipulate it), and create higher-priority RPs that do what you
> want *and* include the Default Policy settings in your more-specific
> policies.
>
> --
> Steve Foster
> For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:https://netshop.virtual-isp.net

But that's how it's done. The Default is right at the bottom of the
list. There are 2 more on top of that.
One is set up with priority of 1 and with all the settings like the
Default and some more. Then there is
another one with the priority of 2 set up to add only a particular
email address based on the Description
field in user's account. Should have mentioned the first one checks
the same field. That field gets filled in
automatically when the New User wizard runs. Can't understand why only
the Default is being applied.
yaro
From: Steve Foster on
yaro137 wrote:

> On 20 July, 22:37, "Steve Foster" <stevefos...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > yaro137 wrote:
> > > I set up a couple of policies and I just can't get them to work.
> > > I've got the Default plus two more. The other two should be
> > > setting up a different email address based on the description
> > > field in the user account. The way it looks only the Default
> > > policy applies. Is the problem that I changed the domain part of
> > > the email address that I want the users to have?
> > > yaro
> >
> > Any given account will have one Recipient Policy applied. They are
> > not cumulative.
> >
> > The best way to do it is to leave the Default Policy alone (the SBS
> > wizards manipulate it), and create higher-priority RPs that do what
> > you want and include the Default Policy settings in your
> > more-specific policies.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Foster
> > For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc,
> > visit.:https://netshop.virtual-isp.net
>
> But that's how it's done. The Default is right at the bottom of the
> list. There are 2 more on top of that.
> One is set up with priority of 1 and with all the settings like the
> Default and some more. Then there is
> another one with the priority of 2 set up to add only a particular
> email address based on the Description
> field in user's account. Should have mentioned the first one checks
> the same field. That field gets filled in
> automatically when the New User wizard runs. Can't understand why only
> the Default is being applied.

Are you sure the LDAP queries are right? (try 'em as queries in AD
Users & Computers)

From: yaro137 on
On 23 July, 14:10, "Steve Foster" <stevefos...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> yaro137 wrote:
>
> > > Any given account will have one Recipient Policy applied. They are
> > > not cumulative.
>
> > > The best way to do it is to leave the Default Policy alone (the SBS
> > > wizards manipulate it), and create higher-priority RPs that do what
> > > you want and include the Default Policy settings in your
> > > more-specific policies.
>
> > > --
> > > Steve Foster
> > > For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc,
> > > visit.:https://netshop.virtual-isp.net
>
> > But that's how it's done. The Default is right at the bottom of the
> > list. There are 2 more on top of that.
> > One is set up with priority of 1 and with all the settings like the
> > Default and some more. Then there is
> > another one with the priority of 2 set up to add only a particular
> > email address based on the Description
> > field in user's account. Should have mentioned the first one checks
> > the same field. That field gets filled in
> > automatically when the New User wizard runs. Can't understand why only
> > the Default is being applied.
>
> Are you sure the LDAP queries are right? (try 'em as queries in AD
> Users & Computers)
>
> --
> Steve Foster
> For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:https://netshop.virtual-isp.net

I tried what you suggested and it works fine in ADUC.
yaro