From: hct on
Thanks in advance for your help.. I am migrating a sbs2003 premium
installation to a sbs 2008 standard intallation and I am wondering if
this is going to be a problem????

Thanks
bob

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
Bob,
If you expect SQL on the new server then yes it will be a problem.

If you don't need SQL then IMO this really depends on your skill level,
the current state of your server and current programs installed!

If you've migrated systems before, or are knowledgeable in SBS
I see no problems...

However if I may suggest www.sbsmigration.com

Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public Forum - www.SBSRepair.com