From: Steve Foster on
Leythos wrote:

> In article <i1rev6$blr$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> btvs(a)myrealbox.com says...
> > In case anyone is looking for a good news server in these times
> > where many ISPs no longer offer any, this one works well and seems
> > to have most microsoft groups:
> > http://www.eternal-september.org/groups.php?hierarchy=microsoft
> >

> And many people that have been on Usenet for a long time will KILL
> FILE posts from ES because of how they allow abusive post.

I've heard that comment before. I've never seen any actual evidence
that doing so makes sense (there's less spam/garbage showing on the
Microsoft groups via ES than via MSNEWS!).

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: Steve Foster on
Leythos wrote:

> In article <ePX0BheJLHA.5424(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> btvs(a)myrealbox.com says...
> > Never heard of that. In any case, they're one of very few free,
> > reliable NNTP providers left.
> >

> That's why people KF them, abusers like to use ES because they are
> free, just like many people KF posts from GoogleGroups.

There are plenty of free options available. ES do have fairly
responsible policies:

http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=terms
http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse