From: Jim Clark on
I have a new Dell Server with four SATA drives in RAID 10 configuraiton. I
noticed that the server often seems very sluggish when I remote in even
though we are barely scratching the surface of the processor and memory.

I cranked up the Performance Monitor and found that the monitoring system
was saturating my disk accessing the SBSMonitoring database.

Is this normal?
From: Chris Puckett [MSFT] on
Try this if you haven't already:

981939 The Windows SBS Console of Windows Small Business Server 2008 may
crash, display "Not Available" for Other Alerts, or require a long time to
display the Security and Other Alerts statuses
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;981939

It seems to help reduce the disk usage by SBS Monitoring.

--
Chris Puckett

From: Jim Clark on
Thank you Chris, this seems to have fixed my issue. After running the script
I was able to shrink the 2 GB database down to less than 500 MB.