From: Penelope on
Hey all:

I've got a bit of an interesting issue here. SBS 2003 SP2.

We've got a server that is halting email flow. Upon investigation we
see an issue with the MSExchangeMU service and it gives an error
message of:

Failed to access the metabase, error code is 80080005 (Server
execution failed).

The thing is...the metabase isn't corrupt. If we kill inetinfo.exe
and restart IISAdmin, then we can restart all the Exchange services
and it runs fine. Sometimes it even runs through a reboot. Can't
seem to figure out the problem, but it started happening after some
updates a few weeks back.

It PROBABLY has something to do with the below, but I always hate
ripping into .NET stuff without asking people first. It's just always
a huge PITA.

Failed while registering ASP.NET (version 2.0.50727.0) in IIS. Error
code: 0x80080005

If anyone else has run into this, suggestions would be greatly
appreciated before major surgery commences.
From: Al Williams on
Haven't seen any issues here with last months patches.

Maybe? Make sure your servers file-level anti-virus is not scanning
exchange and IIS folders. There a list of exclusions, google "sbs2003 anti
virus exclusions".

--
Allan Williams